Sunday, May 24, 2009

Accurate driving, steady short game were secrets of Megan's success

Megan Briggs, the 95th Scottish women's closed amateur golf champion, has been speaking exclusively to Kirkwoodgolf.co.uk.
We thought you would like to hear what she had to say about her victory at Southerness.
"I am studying law at Strathclyde University and have just finished scond year.
"I am going to play in the British women's open amateur championship at Royal St David's Golf Club, Harlech in North Wales in a couple of weeks.
"To win the 'Scottish' is a great honouor and something that all Scottish amateurs aspire to and practise for. My exams finished the week before Southerness, which meant that I could focus on my golf and the competition.
"During the championship, my driving was very accurate, which was crucial in the wind. Also my short game was very steady and it probably what saw me right through to the final.
"I would once again like to thank the SLGA and Southerness for the fantastic week - and also my Dad for caddying, seeing as I forgot to thank him in my speech!"