Monday, June 25, 2012

EILIDH WITHDRAWS FROM THE BRITISH OPEN AMATEUR CHAMPIONSHIP AT CARNOUSTIE

Renfrewshire's Eilidh Briggs (Kilmacolm), last year's Scottish girls golf champion, has had to withdraw from the 109th British women's open amateur championship which tees off tomorrow with the first of two stroke-play qualifying rounds at Carnoustie's championship links.

"I am disappointed not to be able to compete, I was really looking forward to my first British as in the past I have had school exams! Especially since it is being held at a great venue I have never had the chance to play," said 19-year-old Eilidh.
"However, I fly out later this week to the world university championships in the Czech Republic as a part of the GB team. Therefore, if I had qualified for the match play at Carnoustie and continued throughout the championship the two would clash, and LGU regulations state you cannot just compete in the stroke-play so therefore I have had to withdraw from the British."

Both Megan Briggs and Alyson McKechin are playing and we wish them all the best.

CLICK HERE to see the draw