Sunday, June 23, 2013

MAUREEN WINS AGAINST LINDSAY IN THE COUNTY ROSEBOWL

Just to let you know that Lindsay Mathie and I played at Gourock yesterday afternoon and I ran out the winner 3/1.  I have to say we both played very well and first blood went to Lindsay with a conceded birdie at the 4th.  I got it back to square at the difficult par 3 7th with a conceded birdie then won 8 with another birdie and 9 to go 2 up at the turn.

 An ‘out of the blue’ four putt from me saw Lindsay only one down after 10.  Par for me at 11 saw me go back to two and a conceded birdie for me at 13 saw me 3 up playing 14.

 Lindsay won 14 and 15 with pars and I won 16 with a par to go dormie.

 At 17 we both played ‘****’ tee shots and Lindsay had to return to the tee while I was lucky to creep onto the green and it was all over.

 A pretty good game with our best ball being 4 under par.  Lindsay finished off the day with a great birdie 3 at the difficult 18th in the ‘bye’ and then we headed to the bar for well earned refreshment.

 It was a glorious afternoon – unlike the medal round at the start of the season!

 Maureen



Qual
No.
1st Round 
Semi Final 
TBA September 2013
To be played by 
Monday 16th July 2013

To be played by 
Monday 26th August 2013

Final date and venue to be arranged
1
Tracy Masterton (Milngavie)
-



-
8
June Lockhart (Gleddoch)
5
Lindsay Mathie (Playsport)

Maureen Woodhead
4
Maureen Woodhead (Gourock)
3
Anne Aitken
(Eastwood)
--
6
Denise Cowan
(Ranfurly Castle)
7
Pam Harvey (Cowglen)
-
2
Carol Whyte (Milngavie)