Friday, January 14, 2011

WINTER FOURSOMES EXTENSIONS

I have given the question of extensions a lot of thought over the last few days, and I feel that safety should come first and games should only be played when courses are properly playable and safe. We have lost several weeks due to snow and ice – and there’s nothing we can do about that! I fully appreciate that holidays have been arranged, and that ties would, and could, now be played if the conditions allow.

I therefore would ask that competitors play their ties at the earliest possible time when the course involved is playable. I would like the “Final” to be played by the end of March at the latest, so please do your best to play as soon as you can, so that all the rounds can be completed and still leave time for the Final to be arranged. Surely by mid-February the weather will have improved!

If there are any queries please do not hesitate to give myself or Audrey Barclay a phone.

Trish Brown (Captain)